We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
It’s a simple idea. Just find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to come together to give something more. Then tell everyone you can about how you are giving. Join us and be a part of a global celebration of a new tradition of generosity.
In 2014, the UU Legislative Ministry of NJ had it’s first ever Giving Tuesday campaign. Hundreds of impressions were made and new supporters engaged on social media with our #unselfie sharing and inspiring quotes. The average gift to UULMNJ on #GivingTuesday 2014 was $40. The average Giving Tuesday gift was $154, worldwide. In 2015 we hope to make the global mark! One peer to peer fundraiser raised $400 in small gift friends and family who were not previous supporters of UULMNJ, or even New Jersey residents!
UULMNJ has received a matching grant. So every dollar you donate will be matched dollar for dollar, up to $5,000!
So how can you get involved? Be #Unselfie. DONATE TODAY!
- Will you be getting some great deals at the cash register this weekend? Why not donate the amount you saved to a cause you care about.
- Become a UULMNJ fundraiser! Ask your friends to match your gift or to give to your favorite cause in lieu of a holiday gift. Copy and paste the message below, make a few personalizations, and send it on to your friends and family, then see how quickly your one donation multiplies! Tell them why you support the work of UULMNJ.
- After donating on the web, share your donation on social media by clicking on a share icon! It’s incredible how contagious generosity is with just a little motivation. 30% of online donors made a contribution because a friend or coworker shared on Facebook, Twitter, or other social site.
- Find a quote on a UULMNJ social site and share with your friends. Not only will you both feel better after an inspiring message, but you will have helped spread the voice of our organization in a single click!
- Share our #GivingTuesday video with your friends. Follow this link then use a YouTube share function.
Laurice Grae-Hauck is the Outreach Coordinator of the Unitarian Universalist Legislative Ministry of NJ.