The Unitarian Universalist Legislative Ministry of New Jersey (UULMNJ) is seeking a par time intern(s) to begin no later than April 1. Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Research assistance in specific areas of New Jersey Public Policy, which may include Environment, Health Care, Economic Justice, Immigration and other emerging issues as they develop
- Develop educational materials for local congregations
- Assist Executive Director with implementation of research work
- Good research skills
- Commitment to social change
- Knowledge of Unitarian Universalism and congregational life
Must be able to work independently and to meet once a week in Summit, NJ.
Duration: 1 year
Applications should be submitted to:
Rev. Craig Hirshberg, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: March 20, 2012
The Unitarian Universalist Ministry of New Jersey, a statewide network of the 21 New Jersey Unitarian Universalist congregations, provides a comprehensive structure, network and resources to empower the moral voice and actions of our Unitarian Universalist principles and values in the public arena. UULMNJ engages in impacting social justice and public policy issues important to our state through Education, Research, Advocacy, Witness, and Service. UULMNJ works to facilitate communications among the NJ UU congregations and aims to be a resource to encourage and strengthen their social justice programs. UULMNJ is an equal opportunity employer. www.uulmnj.org.
Supported in part by a grant from the Fund for Unitarian Universalist Social Responsibility.