(All links below open in an external site )
The New Jersey legislature website presents a wealth of information for anyone interested in the legislative process in New Jersey:
- Find out who your New Jersey legislators are and how to contact them.
- Learn how a bill becomes law.
- Check out the bill subscription service to create and maintain a list of bills to track through the legislative session. Subscribers to the service can retrieve the latest information for their listed bills and receive notification of any legislative action taken on the bill. The service is free!
- Find bills by bill number and year using the menu on the left hand side of the home page;
- Access current statutes by code reference (title and section of code book) or public law number.
- Explore the Kid’s Page, Teacher Resources, and Statehouse Visitor Information.
Information on the legislative process at the federal level can be found at the Library of Congress’ THOMAS site (“In the spirit of Thomas Jefferson, legislative information from the Library of Congress”)