Let YUUr Voice BE HEARD in Trenton in 2014-15!
Time for the UULMNJ 2014 Fall Issues Workshop!
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Hosted by the Central Unitarian Church
156 Forest Park Avenue, Paramus, NJ
This will be a working session to:
- Listen to informed speakers and get up to date information on our task forces
- Determine and discuss UULMNJ task force focus issues for the coming year
- Learn how to MOBILIZE UULMNJ action in your home congregation
- Meet with justice leaders from other congregations
Be INSPIRED by keynote speaker, Udi Ofer, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of New Jersey. In his first year and a half at ACLU-NJ, Mr. Ofer has co-founded an unprecedented campaign to win the freedom to marry for same-sex couples in New Jersey, and also played a leading role in the passage of the New Jersey Dream Act.
Let this year’s workshop be a congregational TEAM BUILDER. Bring 6 people from your congregation, enough for each task force to have a representative from your home congregation. This way your congregation gets first hand information on ways to move our Unitarian Universalist principles into key legislation!
Should I come to this workshop? Are you:
- a person who wants to make a difference by putting their faith into action
- interested in the work of UULMNJ or the state legislative process
- a congregational liaison, action team member, social action chair, minister or staff
- a UULMNJ Task Force member?
If you identify with any of these statements then YES! You should join others like you in Paramus!
A working lunch will be provided. A donation is asked to cover this cost.
Join UULMNJ Executive Director, Rev. Craig Hirshberg, for a round table discussion after the day’s programming. Learn more about our new cable access series, currently in production!