Are you planning on marching with UULMNJ at the Million People’s March on July 25th in Newark? Here is important updated information:
- The March will begin with speakers at 12:00. The march will step off at 1 PM. It will be followed by more speakers at the end.
- If you are taking the train, the site is approximately a 6 block walk from Penn Station.
- Another option is to park at the Grove Street Park n Ride lot in Bloomfield then take the Light Rail from Grove Street to Washington Street. This station is two blocks from the monument. Daily parking rates at the Grove lot are $2. Light rail fair is $1.50 adult and $0.70 senior one way.
- The actual march will be 3 miles in length —1.5 miles to the Federal Building and back. You can join all or half of the event
- If you would like to march with UU’s from around the state, meet on the corner of University Ave. and West Market Street. We will have the UULMNJ Black Lives Matter banner and signs for you to carry. Please bring paper tube rolls (like from wrapping paper) to post and carry the signs. Also bring water, sun block if needed, and sustenance.
- If you plan to drive, Park in Lot A on West Market Street.
- For the latest information, please register and regularly check the UULMNJ march page.