It is hard to believe that Memorial Day is around the corner. Where did the month of May go?
Here are some things that are happening at UULMNJ this month:
- The Legislative Ministry has a new, mobile friendly website! Explore and learn at UULMNJ.org. While you are there click around and see what we’re up to on social media!
- Write to your NJ Assembly representative as soon as possible to ask them to put forward the bill allowing for earned paid sick days. They need your encouragement
- Send a letter to your mayor reminding him/her that your town has until July 8 to submit a Fair Share Housing plan to incorporate affordable housing in you town. Your congregation’s Liaison has copies to sign. For more information, please contact the UULMNJ Economic Justice chair, Lorraine Wearley.
- Planning worship for next year already? Remember that Rev. Craig Hirshberg is available to come to your congregation and share information on Public Policy in New Jersey. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UULMNJ IS HIRING! Are you a college student or recent graduate looking for an internship? Are you passionate about social justice? Do you know a young adult who fits this description? UULMNJ is hiring a summer intern! The summer intern will work closely with task forces to produce our original series YUUR Voice that airs on Princeton TV. The intern will also have the opportunity to work on our upcoming young and emerging adult program SALTA!: Spiritual Advocacy Leaders Trained for Action.
- June 15 is Housing and Community Development Network of NJ’s Annual Lobby Day in Trenton, Community Development at the Capitol. Participants will meet with their legislative representatives to educate them about housing and community development issues like foreclosure and the budget. Groups may also attend legislative hearings in addition to individual legislative meetings. The event is free but registration is required. Register today!
Important Dates to Remember! Mark your calendar now:
- July 31 – Aug 1: UULMNJ Leadership Retreat
- October 17: UULMNJ Issues Conference. Details to follow.
- April 16, 2016, UULMNJ Plenary and Annual Meeting. Details to follow.